Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Swiss Days/Labor Day weekend

Well, I've been debating writing during the break because I'm not technically on-track in the fall. But, I've decided that I will. So, I've been home since July 22nd and, sadly, not a lot has happened since then. My first week home, I relaxed and hung out with the Heber YSA ward. It was a lot of fun! A few weeks ago, for FHE, we played volleyball at Whiskey Springs and then made s'mores. When we were playing volleyball, I was continually falling and I got an awesome bruise on my leg! It was pretty cool! I'm really loving this ward! There are really sweet people, and our new Bishop is awesome! I've been trying to go to as many activities as I possible so I can get to know more people and gain better friendships. I've been going to FHE, Ward prayer, Temple trips, and anything else they have planned during the week. Sometimes work conflicts with it, but I try to go to every activity they do.

Speaking of work, I've been working at Dairy Keen since my second full week back. It hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. This weekend has/will be crazy! It's Swiss Days--a celebration that happens in the Midway area every year celebrating the founding of their city. I've never actually been to Swiss Days besides the parades. But, it brings in a LOT of business to Dairy Keen; it also helps that it's Labor Day weekend too! Again, it's crazy busy! But, I like it when it's busy; it makes time go faster. Last night, I worked a double (11:30-9:30) and it went by fairly quickly. Today, I'm working another double (12-10:00). It should be pretty good because, again, it's Swiss Days and it'll go by fairly quickly! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment