Sunday, March 24, 2013

I Rejected Somebody at Olive Garden

Alright, this weekend was quite fun! On Saturday I had the wonderful opportunity to participate in my friends Senior Composition Recital. He write such wonderful music and I'm so proud of him! I was part of a choir that sang his song "The Road Not Taken". The words are taken from Robert Frost's poem "The Road Not Taken"; it was wonderful!

After the recital a couple of my roommate and I went down to IF and ate at the Olive Garden; here's where we get into the silliest story EVER! So, we were told that we would have a 35-40 minute wait; however we decided that we were going to eat there anyway! It ended up being ten minutes, so we were really excited! We went in and our waiter introduced himself to us. His name was Nicholas and, not going to lie, he was pretty attractive! So, we were looking through our menus and we ordered our food. While we were waiting we had salad, soup, and breadsticks. The breadsticks went fairly quickly and Nicholas asked us if we wanted some more. He went to grab us some more and as we waited another waiter came by. He stopped and said, "Did you ladies want more breadsticks?" We responded that our server, Nicholas, was grabbing some for us. The waiter made a face and said "You should tell him that you want the other Nik to be your server because he isn't doing a good job!" I looked down at his name tag and saw that he was Nik (*Note: this guy was always pretty attractive)! I shook my head and told him I didn't think I could do that! Nik continued to encourage me to do it, just to see Nicholas' reaction.

Nicholas came back just as Nik started walking away. Nicholas gave us the breadsticks and started filling the salads. Nik stood by me and waited for me to say that Nicholas was a horrible server! I shook my head at him because I wasn't going to do it. Nicholas was a fantastic server and it would be lying if I had said otherwise! Nik then put his arm around Nicholas and said,

"You know Nicholas, these ladies  were just telling me that you are a horrible server and that they want me to be their server."
Nicholas reacted really well; I was having a hard time not laughing (in fact, I'm quite sure I was smiling the entire time). Nik looked a little deflated and said "You didn't react the way I thought you would." They then proceeded to talk about how "chill" our table was. My roommates and I had just been having a discussion about what which super hero was our favorite and why. So I decided to ask them who their favorite super hero was.

"Well, our favorite how? Like, who would we want to be? Who's the most heroic?" I hadn't thought about it that deeply, so I just said which super hero they'd want to be.
"I'd want to be Iron Man! He's rich and he has an awesome suit!" was Nicholas' answer; remember this guy is the one who was assigned to be our waiter.
"Well, I was going to say Iron Man; but since Nicholas said it, I'll say Batman! He's also rich and he gets to drive around ridiculously cool cars!" was Nik's answer, he was not assigned to serve us. I added that Batman has Morgan Freeman and that's pretty sweet! Before they split to go they told us that they wanted us to keep coming up with questions.

Well, we couldn't finish our meals so we didn't end up staying that much longer. Nicholas came and asked us if we wanted to get some boxes for our food. We did, so he went to grab some for us. When he came back he started asking us where we were from and just started making random conversation. Nik came over too and joined in the conversation. After a few minutes Nicholas came over and said, "Okay, one of the questions has to be "what's your number?"!"
I responded, "Really? Our next question was: 'If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?'. We wrote it on a piece of paper and put it in with the receipt."
"Ooh, that's a good one. I would go back to the Dominican Republic."
"Did you serve your mission there?"
"Yes I did!" Nicholas continued to talk about how beautiful it was there and everything. Nik then came around the corner and asked if we were staying for desert (he had tried convincing us to buy some only moments before). We replied that we weren't. Nicholas gave me kind of an expectant look, but I didn't say anything.

As we left I laughed to Amaris and Alisha about how Nicholas wanted us to ask for their phone numbers! They were shocked! "We didn't hear him ask that!" Anyway, to make a long story short (although I'm sure that I'm too late for that), it was decided that Nicholas was suggesting it to me and not to the entire table. This morning, I feel incredibly foolish for not having picked up on that! Even as I write down the events and conversations, I feel incredibly naive and oblivious! If that had happened to anybody else I would have seen it! However, I didn't see it when it was happening to me! And that's my story about how I rejected somebody at the Olive Garden (on accident)!

No comments:

Post a Comment