Sunday, May 1, 2011

Week one of Spring semester . . . CHECK!

Well, the first week is officially over! What a week it has been too! My days have consisted of working, going to class, doing homework, going to women's choir auditions and call backs, and fun things like that! It was a hard first week, but I have the feeling that it'll get better as I go along and adjust to this new schedule. On Tuesday, I started my first day at work (and also my first day of classes). I am working as an office assistant with the Student Associations (Chinese association, Canadian Association, etc.) and I also am over scheduling and inventory for all of Student Support! It's crazy! We had a dinner as directors and staff on Wednesday night, it was incredible! We met at Bro. Jones house and ate fajitas and chocolate (white and milk) fondue. It was delicious! We got to know each other better and become closer as staff and directors.

On Thursday I went to classes again and also went to the Get Connected Appreciation dinner--Student Support feeds me incredibly well, ha. Nothing really exciting happened other than that on Thursday and Friday. Saturday was where the real fun began! I went to the temple with my roommates, Kelsey and Jenny, and it was AWESOME! I felt so incredibly good afterward and it was just great! I then went to Bro. Peck's (my voice teacher's) recital. He was phenominal! I mean, he blew me away! I couldn't help but continually think "That's right, I'm taking voice lessons from him!" Ha, yes that is a little prideful; but he did very well! Sunday I had the amazing opportunity to accompany my friend, Chelsea's, testimony in church. She sang "My Lord, My Redeemer" and it was powerful! The spirit that filled the room was extraordinary! As she sang, you could picture Mary weeping, but realizing it was her Savior that had come to the garden. Absolutely beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment