Monday, February 20, 2012

Forget Not that the Lord loves you!

I'm taking time to write about the past week of my life. I'll start on Thursday, Feb. 16th, when I was convinced that I was going to stay up until 3:00am just to get my homework done. As Cami and I were preparing dinner for our roommates, at about 5:30pm, I receive a phone call from an 801 number. I didn't recognize it, but I answered anyway. It was my friend Cody! He asked me if I would like to go see Phedre with him that night. Within three seconds I had two thoughts run through my head:

1. Are you serious? Man, come look at my schedule and see all of the stuff I need to do! You're crazy!
2. But, it would be fun! And, my parents probably had a special fast for me to get a date anyway, so I would be denying that special prayer.

I did end up going and it was a much needed break! Phedre is a Greek tragedy, however I laughed incredibly hard during the first act! I hadn't laughed that hard for a little while, and it felt really good to laugh like that! During the intermission, Cody made one of the coolest noises I've ever heard anybody do with their mouth; he sounded like a cricket!! Like, the cricket noises in movies when somebody tells a joke, but either nobody gets it or it isn't funny! It was awesome! During the second act, it was a little heavier (this was where the real "tragedy" stuff started to happen). There's a scene where Theseus yells at his son, and then there was an awkward silence while the actors voice rang in the black-box. Cody then leaned over to me and quietly made the cricket noise! I let out a laugh; I'm hoping nobody heard me . . . if they did, I hope they knew why I was laughing. All-in-all it was an awesome date! I went home and was immediately snapped back into reality when I realized how much I needed to do. But, I didn't care! I was--and am--so grateful for that date!

I ended up staying up until about 2:00am and planning to get up at 4:30am to finish said homework. Well, I ended up sleeping through my alarm until about 6:15am. As soon as I woke up, I knelt down and prayed that Heavenly Father would help me feel His spirit that day and that I would have energy to go throughout the entire day! I had a class at 7:45am so I knew I wouldn't be able to get too much done. I went to class and ended up skipping my next class to finish some other homework. That ended up being a huge tender mercy for me though! In the class I skipped, I didn't miss anything; it was all review for a test we had coming up. At the "end of the day" (being about 3:00pm) I suddenly felt most, if not all, of my energy leave me! The Lord blessed me with energy to go to all of my classes! What another wonderful tender mercy!

I then got to go home for the weekend which was another blessing in my life! I loved spending time with the fam and seeing a few old friends! On Sunday, as I left one of the most amazing sacrament meetings I had ever been to, I ran into Devin (King). He greeted me quite enthusiastically and gave me a hug--a hug that, I admit, I needed! Those few days reminded me that the Lord loves me; just by those small and simple things, I was reminded that God cares about me! Not only does He care about me, but He wants me to be happy. Yes, there are going to be times when I go through a hard time, but He is always there walking beside me. I listened to President Dieter F. Uchtdorf's talk called "Forget Me Not" and I just couldn't help but feel an overwhelming sense of love enveloping me! Despite my trials and tribulations, I know that God loves me with all of His heart and I refuse to forget it!

No comments:

Post a Comment