Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Voice lessons and whip cream fights

So, last night I had a make-up voice lesson that didn't go so well. So, this morning I woke up at 4:45am so I could be in a practice room by 6:00am. I practiced for a frustrating forty-five minutes; I couldn't get everything--or really anything--to work properly! I noticed that, as I was practicing, that there were only four other people practicing at that hour. However, they were all instrumentalists. I soon realized why they were practicing; vocals don't work very well that early in the morning!

I continued to go throughout the rest of my day, I was in class. I was incredibly surprised by how awake I was and how I was able to get through all of my classes without falling asleep. When the time came for my voice lesson, I was incredibly nervous about how it would go. I went in and just prayed that I would be able to do what I vocally needed to do. Prayers really are answered! My voice was able to do everything and anything that Brother Peck was having me do! I was so excited! At the end of my lesson, Brother Peck started talking about dads being protective when their daughters go out on dates. Apparently Sheryl's Dad is a police officer and when, on her sixteenth birthday, she was asked out on a date her Dad responded by saying: "I need names and phone numbers!" This took our conversation to Mr. and Mrs. Jones. Brother Peck was talking about the movie, but kept saying how he couldn't recommend it as a teacher because it's a PG-13 movie and that wouldn't be appropriate for him to do. He said, "I can't recommend Mr. and Mrs. Jones, but I can recommend Bambi!" I, being a movie fanatic, responded by saying "That wimpy deer!?" We had quite a good laugh about that! That's one of my favorite things about my voice teacher, we have such fun!

One of my roommates made pudding after dinner; because it sounded good, she decided to put whip cream on it too. Well, Cami saw the can of whip cream and--after years of wanting revenge for our last whip cream fight--threw some at my face. Despite the fact that Cami started it, I most definitely finished it!

Cami has a mustache!!!

A little too close!!!

And a funny one for the record!
I'm so grateful to have such fun roommates who are willing to do crazy things with me! =D

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, you are so cool. Can I be like you when I grow up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lizzy! You are so great, but I wouldn't recommend being like me when you grow up . . . but we'll have a whip cream fight some time. =)

    ReplyDelete