Friday, February 22, 2013

Who Am I? Not 24601!!

Yes, I did just quote Les Mis! The last couple of days have been neat! Over the three-day weekend I was in a few situations that really made me ask about who I am. Now, don't get me wrong, I know who I am. I am Sarah! However, I really wanted to know who I am and what my character is!

As I pondered this more and more I've come up with several different things that I would like to be!

  1. I would like to be kind to everybody!! Now, I know that I'm kind to a lot of people--I would even say most--but I know that I could be kinder. There have been times when I've said some things when people weren't around . . . yes, gossiping! I don't want to be like that! I try not to do it, but I know I have done it! I don't want people to ever think that they need to be careful when they are around me or that they can't tell me things! I want to be trusted!
  2. I would like to be in tune with the Spirit always!! There have been several times in the past few days that I have been in situations where I've really needed to be guided by the Spirit. Fortunately I was able to have the Spirit with me at that time; but it really made me think. I want to live in a way that I will have the Spirit with me always! I don't ever want to risk somebody coming to me for help and me not being able to do so. I want to help give them the divine help that they need when I'm called upon to do it.
  3. I would like to be "never changing"!! Alright, so this one needs a little explaining. I have noticed that when I'm around certain people I act differently than I normally do. I don't want to be like that; I shouldn't be like that! I know why I do it; because I want to be liked by those people. But what makes me think they won't like me if I'm not like that? That's a good question that I don't really know the answer to! But, I want to be me always; never changing!!
  4. I would like to be confident!! I'm getting better at this one--and it kind of ties in to #3, but whatever--but I know that it'll take some more time. This doesn't just apply when I'm around people, but when it comes to singing, acting on an impression, etc. I want everything I do to be confident (even when I answer a question incorrectly, I want to answer it confidently).
  5. I would like to reflect how I feel about myself on the outside!! I've learned so much about what true beauty is. I've learned so much about where my beauty is and that I am beautiful! I feel that on the inside, truly I do. However, there are times in my life where I don't really reflect it on the outside. I feel that if I reflect how I feel about myself on the outside then, then people could leave after talking to me and feel beautiful themselves. I know, that sounds really "hippie" but that's really what I think.
I know that these are five, kind of random, things to want to be! As I've been thinking about it, I just want to be the best daughter of God that I can be so that I can help others remember who they are! I don't think I can truly help people understand and know who they are if I don't first know who I am! It's kind of like when you're flying in a plane and they tell you to place the face mask on yourself before you help others get their masks on. You can't save their lives if you're dead. It's the same thing when it comes to reminding people who they are! You can't remind people who they are if you don't know who you are. Because, lets face it, we all have the same potential: to become gods and goddesses. Anyway, this is just me writing down who I want to be. I feel that if I write it down I'll remember it better. I also believe that when I write down goals I'm more likely to follow through with those goals. So, here's to striving to be better today than I was yesterday!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment