Saturday, May 25, 2013

Collegiate Singer's Opening Social

The past few days have been awesome! On Thursday night I had the opportunity to go to the opening Collegiate Social. It was a blast! We were catered by Costa Vita and then some of the Collegiate Singer's brought desserts; I brought stuff to make personal "pizzookies" (pizza cookies). I baked some sugar cookies, made the frosting and cut up some fruit. It was really good!! I enjoyed it a lot anyway.

When I got there nothing was set up (no tables, chairs, etc.) I text my friend, Nykele, and asked her if she wanted me to start getting things set up. Long story short I went to grab a table and when I got to the door I accidentally dropped the table on my foot. It was painful, but funny all at the same time! Anyway, we started off playing games that helped us get to know each other better. It was quite hilarious! We played a game where there was a sheet straight up in the air and we had one person on each side of the sheet. When the sheet was lowered the person to say the other person's name first won. It was fun to see who didn't know who and their struggle to try and guess their name. Then we played "evolution"; everybody starts off as an egg. Then, you play "Rock, Paper, Scissors" and whomever wins evolves into a chicken. Then you play it again, whomever wins evolves into a monkey, then a human! It was quite funny actually. I'm normally really good at that game, however that day I was very off!

Then, we ate and just sat around and talked. It was such fun to talk to people and get to know them better. After we ate we had individual sectional talks/goal making time. My altos are so cool! I'm hoping I can help everybody feel that they have an important role to play, because truth be told they do! Everybody is so important and my personal goal (as section leader) is to make sure everybody feels that they are important. After our little sectionals we rehearsed some of the pieces we are singing this semester. I'll tell you what, I'm really excited! A couple of pieces we're performing this semester are the "William Tell Overture" (yes, it is a choral arrangement and it's hard purely because of the words), "Let Me Fly""Water Night", and "Dark Night of the Soul" (we're doing it with piano, not a small chamber orchestra). It's going to be so good!

I'm so grateful for my Collegiate family! They are all so wonderful and I'm excited for this semester and the fun we're going to have!

No comments:

Post a Comment