Sunday, June 26, 2011

Bodies Museum!

Well, this weekend has been quite eventful! Friday morning I went in to work at my mentoring job and administer a test to the class. I was up in one of the little foyers that lead into the Snow Recital Hall; as I sat up there and person after person came through, I started to feel a little dizzy. I thought it might have to do with me constantly having to turn around, so I thought nothing of it. As the next few people came in, it slowly got worse to the point that I couldn't even stand up. I sat down and I could feel the heat in my body rise and I started to sweat profusely. A few of the students asked if I was okay, but I continually responded that I would be fine. I started feeling nauseous every time I drank water; but finally the test was done and I was having a hard time sitting up straight. Sister Blake, the teacher I mentor for, came in and was trying to help me out. But, because I didn't know what was wrong, I couldn't even help myself. I was going to try to stick it out for the day and continue to go to work and my classes. I called my friend, Nykele, and she came over and helped me walk to my next class.

As I sat through that class, I knew that it was a bad idea for me to stay. I couldn't look at the teacher due to her spinning around along with the room, I couldn't focus, and it was just all-around bad! I ended up going home instead of pushing myself through the day (which I'm convinced would have put me in a worse state than I was currently in). I called my Dad to see what he thought it was; we came to a few conclusions, but he told me that the best thing I could do was to take the time to relax and let my body heal and calm down. I guess "relax" in my book means to watch operas and sleep, because that's exactly what I did! I watched "The Magic Flute" by Mozart and "La Boheme" by Puccini! Then, I slept for a few hours in between! I also watched bits and pieces of "Die Walkure" by Wagner, but I couldn't finish the entire thing because it was so thick I didn't even know what to do with myself! But, I spent the rest of the day sleeping and relaxing a bit.

Yesterday was quite eventful as well. I went in to work (which I didn't have to) from about 8:30-10:50am so I could get some things ready for an activity that was happening that day. I was still feeling a little dizzy, but not nearly as badly as I was the day prior. I finished up that work and went in to a practice for the Student Composer's Society. A young man, by the name of Alex, arranged "Because I Have Been Given Much" and "Love at Home" and some of the Collegiate Singers and I have the wonderful privilege to sing it in a few weeks! It's an awesome arrangement! And after that practice I went on a date to the Body Museum in Idaho Falls! First of all, it was absolutely amazing! Second of all, I'm really glad that I wasn't feeling quite so nauseous this day because it totally would have set me off! But it was a lot of fun to go through and look at what our bodies really look like! I mean, you see things in text books and you see models and such . . . but these were real bodies! Absolutely amazing!!!!!

After I got home from the Bodies Museum I went to a Collegiate Singers activity. We were at Porter Park and we ate food and played games. There was also a water fight that I don't think was planned . . . but I could be wrong! There were two little boys, that none of us knew, that were chasing after Jenna with water guns and trying to spray her! It was so funny! Well, a few of the other people got in on it too and it became a little water fight. At one point, Adam and somebody else were fighting over the water gun (at least trying to get it away from each other) and I felt like playing. So, I saw that I had a combro filled with water and a small drinking cup. I decided that I would fill the cup up and get Adam (because I believe Nykele was the one trying to get the gun away from Adam). So, I did just that and I got Adam incredibly well! However, he got the gun back and I got a little wet ha ha! It was funny! Then last night, my roommate, AJ, and I went to Little Caesar's and Twizlberry and had a nice little chat. We then came home and watched the last little bit of "Phantom of the Opera" and a little bit of "Labyrinth". I'm excited to see what happens today . . . I might start a miniature water fight, but who knows! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment