Sunday, June 10, 2012

"Hello Friend" ~Bill Cosby

What a fun weekend this has been! On Friday, one of my dear friends Logan came up for a visit. He got to visit Collegiate, which I hope he enjoyed, and then got to visit some of his other teachers. After I finished with Women's Choir, Logan, Cami and I went to lunch at Gator Jack's (if you're ever around one, go and get one of their sandwiches, they are amazing). It was great to catch up and reminisce a little bit! After that we went to the BYU-Idaho Center to give him a tour (he left before it was finished). Here are a couple of pictures (courtesy of BYU-Idaho Communications) of the gym and what it looks like from the choir seats looking out:
Courtesy of BYU-Idaho Communications

Courtesy of BYU-Idaho Communications
It was cool to take time to look around, it reminded me of how blessed I am to be going to a school where unity is so important. One of the primary reasons that this building was made was so we could all be in one location for devotionals every Tuesday. It's truly a blessing to feel that sense of unity and then carry that with us as we go about the rest of the week. Another great thing about the BYU-Idaho Center is the Carl Bloch paintings on the second floor. It shows Christ's life, in chronological order, and it's truly touching to see that!

After the tour we headed back to my place to figure out what we were going to do. I offered Logan my Cosby ticket (because I had homework and hadn't practiced yet) if he wanted to go. He decided to go to the temple instead (I think that's a great choice)! So, we still had to figure out what to do until then. In the end, we decided to go play on the pianos in the Snow building and just mess around a little bit. So, we did! We started off with Bring Him Home from the musical Les Miserables (he sang it incredibly well). He then stated that we needed a duet, but we didn't have any. So, we made it a piano duet instead. He played the left hand and I played the right hand! Possibly one of the funniest things ever! I really enjoyed seeing him again and spending some time with him!

After that, we went our separate ways (him to the temple, and me to Cosby). Before the show, I had the opportunity to talk to a sweet couple that was sitting next to me. The sister recognized me from the choirs on campus and we talked a little bit about music. They were both so sweet and they said that they might come to the Collegiate concert on Friday! I then spent the rest of my night laughing at Bill Cosby! He is rather comical! Here are some pictures from Cosby:


This is Apartment 206 after the Cosby Show (not the literal show)!

No comments:

Post a Comment