Sunday, October 27, 2013

Big Decisions

"Never cut a tree down in the wintertime. Never make a negative decision in the low time. Never make your most important decisions when you are in your worst moods. Wait. Be patient. The storm will pass. The spring will come." ~Robert H. Schuller

One of my last posts talked about a job opportunity that I had in Kuna, Idaho. After speaking to my Dad about it I really started thinking about it! I did math (shocker, yeah?) and figured things out. I know that I couldn't afford to live here with a part-time job! It was a hard thing to come to; I didn't want to accept that. It was a scary thing for me to accept! In fact, I'm still not sure if I've fully accepted it yet. But, I know that I couldn't afford it. It is such a wonderful opportunity for me and I'm so grateful for the support and love that I have from my mentor teacher in finding this job for me! I'm grateful she helped me fill out that application and helped me realize that I really could do it! I know that the Lord has other plans for me though and I need to follow that!

Another decision I've had to make had to do with Institute Choir. I have really enjoyed being in the Institute Choir! I miss Collegiate pretty much every day of my life! The friends that I made there and then the music we would create; man I miss it! It feels nice to be a part of a choir again! Several weeks ago Brother and Sister Knight asked if I could learn a piano piece for our Christmas performance. I was so excited!!! It is a jazz arrangement of "Go Tell it on the Mountain" and it is so much fun to play! I've been working on it for weeks and I'm finally getting it! On Wednesday Brother and Sister Knight announced that our performance will be on December 1! I was so excited! After choir Sister Knight and Brother Knight asked if I would be interested in conducting a small group for the performance! Of course I was all over that!! I accepted and then went on my way!

Well, when I got home I checked the dates and realized that I would miss 3/5 rehearsal we'd have before we performed! That just isn't acceptable! I thought to myself that I could try and squeeze it into my schedule and do my best to get it done, or I could drop it all together! Again, after much prayer and thought I decided that I can't do it anymore. I was broken hearted and I couldn't really handle it! I called my parents on Friday night before I went and watched part of the BYU vs. BSU game (go Cougars!!!) and talked to them about it! More than anything I just wanted to be home and have all of these decisions past me. I spoke to my parents for a little bit and they gave me great comfort in my decisions. I haven't taken care of them yet, but I am this next week. I'm nervous about it, but I know that I cannot do these things! These decisions have been some of the hardest I have ever had to make, and yet I know that the Lord is going to help me get through it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment