Saturday, November 9, 2013

". . . move forward with faith . . ."

"It isn’t as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don’t worry. I say that to myself every morning. It will all work out. If you do your best, it will all work out. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. … If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers." - President Gordon B. Hinckley


The last three weeks have been incredibly stressful for me! I have had "Spamalot" rehearsal every week day from 3:00-6:00pm, I have had Haunted House which I was at the school until 10:00pm, I have had FHE, Institute Choir, Canyon County Honor Choir rehearsals, and so many other things going on! I've had fourteen-plus hour days and I was going insane! This last week I also had to get my work sample ready for my interview on Thursday! I was so stressed!
On Wednesday I felt so burdened by everything that I couldn't really even pretend to be happy! I went and turned in my work sample and told Sister Sheree Keller that I was feeling incredibly overwhelmed and wouldn't be to class that day. She was totally understanding and let me go back down to my room before rehearsal. My friend Nick and I were going to take time to just mess around on the piano and sing some songs together. Some of the students beat me to it, but I was able to have a nice talk with Eric Skidmore--the band director at SHS. He could tell I was overwhelmed and pulled me into his office to talk about what was going on. I felt so badly because he kept trying to give me "outs" to the things that I have committed to do. There are some things that I absolutely cannot drop! The only thing I really could was Institute Choir. I explained that I tried dropping it last week and it didn't work. They need my voice and I just couldn't let them down! Eric seemed a little frustrated with me, but I really couldn't do anything about it!
After my talk with Eric I had a nice conversation with Nick. We sing a bit and it was such a nice little break! It was then off to rehearsal I went! A couple of the cast members, Opal and Sarah, came up to me and asked if I was okay. They both knew I had been stressed and, in all honesty, it was kind of easy to tell! I wasn't as talkative or smiley as I normally am. I expressed to them that I was simply stressed and it would blow over. Sarah offered me chocolate to help comfort me. It made me laugh a bit and I told her I would be okay.
God has blessed me with such amazing people in my life!! I know that He is truly aware of me! A lot of the times when I feel stressed I feel alone and like there is nobody around to help me. I didn't feel that way this time! I felt the support from my family, friends, mentor teacher, colleagues, students, and most importantly my Heavenly Father and Savior, Jesus Christ. I am not alone; I am never alone! When I put my faith and trust in God, I am able to move forward with faith and accomplish everything that God sees fit for me to accomplish!


This is a screenshot of my calendar for November. Crazy stuff!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment