Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving Break

Wow, ten days for Thanksgiving break has been wonderful and quite eventful too!  On Saturday (Nov. 23) I had my final night of Spamalot.  My roommate, Shantel, and I left for Utah after that.  The show ended at about 9:00pm . . . that's right folks, that means I arrived in Heber at about 3:30am Sunday morning!  Then I was really brilliant and woke up at 7:30am for 9:00am church!  Not my best idea, but I lived and I'm really happy to be home!

On Monday I had the wonderful opportunity to go to BYU and observe Doctor Ronald Staheli while he worked with his Singer's!  I got so many wonderful notes and am so excited to go back to Skyview and apply them to my classroom!  I also had the wonderful chance to see my friend Logan for a few moments!  It was so nice catching up with him and talking to him about the future.  I love conversations like that!  They really make me think and I love it!!

On Tuesday I got to teach a voice lesson!!  It was absolutely wonderful! I forgot how much I love teaching one-on-one!  The lesson I gave was for my friend Becca!  I hadn't seen her for quite some time so it was really nice to talk to her for a bit and then help her with her audition coming up!  That night I had the chance to go play volleyball with my Dad!  I was brilliant and jammed two of my fingers!  I'll tell you what, it was quite comical for me to try typing and playing piano after that! :)

My jammed fingers!! It makes the "Live Long and Prosper" so much easier! :)


Wednesday was similar!  I just chilled with the family, read a book (for fun!!!) and relaxed!  It was excellent!  Then yesterday was Thanksgiving!!  I loved getting to spend time with my family!  Stephen, Nini, and Scarlett!  Scarlett has gotten so big!!  She's now six months and I just can't believe it!  It was so much fun getting to catch up with Stephen and Nini too!  I have missed them greatly and I really enjoyed getting to spend time with them!

Today I spent most of the day fixing my resume and writing an essay for a job application for EFY this summer!  I'm really excited!  I won't find out for a while if I got the position (I still have to go through an interview process too) but I'm very excited all the same!  The chance to work with youth and help bring them closer to God has always been a desire of mine.  In fact, I believe that is why I was so drawn to teaching!  The opportunity to help others feel of God's love for them, how could I pass up an opportunity like that?

The rest of this break I'm planning on relaxing, reading, writing, hanging with the family and getting ready for my performance on Sunday in Idaho!  I am feeling rejuvenated and ready to finish out these last few weeks of student teaching strong!  At the same time, I wish I still had a lot more time with these students!  I've loved working with them so much and they truly have changed me for the better!  But, alas, I have to move on with my life and go on some new adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment