Wednesday, July 25, 2012

I found a GOOD in good-bye

Spring 2012 Semester has officially ended! It's kind of a bitter-sweet feeling; I love being home with my family and my friends here, but I truly miss my girls from 206. We are all so close, I feel like I got five more sisters out of this school year! One of the girls, Cami, graduated from BYU-Idaho on Friday. She was the hardest one to say good-bye to. However, I'm getting a little bit ahead of myself, I'll start on Thursday.

Thursday I really didn't have much to do, but I stayed up and cleaned until about 3:00am. Sleep came very easily to me that night, but it didn't stay long. I then woke up at 4:45am so I could go to the temple with my ward (we were meeting at 5:30am, but I had to walk up the hill). The temple was such a wonderful blessing after the stress of finals. As we sat in the chapel and waited to start the Temple President got up and gave a spiritual thought. He asked why we were there, nobody answered. He then pointed at me and asked why I was there. I simply answered "Because I want to be!" He smiled and asked me to expound on that a little bit, so I did: "It's a nice chance to get away from finals, white gloves, and just life. I love feeling the tranquility that comes from going to the temple and I know that, by coming here the Lord will bless me with peace and His spirit." He, again, smiled and moved on.

After baptisms I had a white glove clean-check at 8:00am, then at 9:00am I had my Collegiate closing social. We had breakfast and watched part of our concert ("I Bought Me a Cat" was hilarious). Brother Kempton then turned the time over to us to share our thoughts about the semester and then we sang one last time together as Spring 2012 Collegiate Singers. We sang "I Will Carry Your Heart" (here's a video if you want to listen/watch) and I can't tell you how hard I was crying. I'm saying good-bye to a lot of people in the choir because of graduation, missions, or they aren't going to do Collegiate again. I felt a little silly, but I know I wasn't the only one crying! I looked over at Cami as we were singing, which was possibly the biggest mistake I've ever made, and I couldn't hold back the tears. After we sang we went around and hugged everybody and cried some more. I purposefully avoided Cami as long as I possibly could, and she me. As I went to Cassandra I didn't expect to cry because I knew I would see her sometime during the Fall. As I hugged her I felt her breathing become irregular and she sobbed. I, once again, lost it! She whispered to me, "Sarah, you've become my dearest friend." and she has truly become one of mine! Cassandra has been such a powerful influence in my life and I'm grateful for her friendship and love!

It wasn't until later that day that I said good-bye to Cami. We weren't expecting to have to say good-bye until after graduation or around that time. As we hugged, I felt so much love and gratitude for my wonderful friend, and sister, Cami. We've been through a lot together and this was, possibly, a true good-bye. We still have Facebook and our phones, but I'm not sure when I'll see her again. It was the same way with most of my roommates. All-in-all, this has been the hardest semester for me with good-byes. However, to whomever reads this I want to let you know how much I appreciate you in my life. Whether it was because of choir, because we're family, because you've been my dear friend, or because we've gone through four years of school together you've made a difference in my life. Know that "I carry your heart with me" and I love you! Thank you for your wonderful example and your uplifting testimony and spirits. God bless! =D


No comments:

Post a Comment