Saturday, October 27, 2012

The Legend of Sleepy Hollow

Well, my week of plays/musicals is drawing to an end! Today I had the wonderful opportunity to see BYU's production of "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" with my little sister. One of the greatest things about this play was the audience participation that was involved. It felt more like it was story time than I was sitting in a play. Not that sitting and watching a play is bad, but it's always nice when you get to participate in it. There were two speaking actors (who portrayed all of the characters in the play) and then two spirits. The spirits were the ones who typically pulled the people up onto the stage and had them portray things like: doors, windows, animals, etc. All of the actors did a fantastic job! I also had the privilege of seeing one of my friends in the production. I had never seen him act before, but he's definitely got talent!
Image via
There were two different types of seating: chair and floor. I didn't realize what the floor seating would entail, so I bought Anna a chair seat with me. When we arrived I saw red tape on the floor and assumed that that was where the floor seating was. Anna did end up sitting there while I stayed in a seat; she's been really into theater of late (it must run in the family or something) and it was fun to watch her during the play! There was a point during the play when Anna was asked by a spirit to be one of the school children. She went into the school as Mr. Ichabod Crane is seeing his room that somebody has just messed up. I was surprised that she was so quiet and seemed to be really shy at first. As the scene moved on, Mr. Crane asked who could have made this mess!? Anna responded, "Maybe it was you." Mr. Crane reacted, in his British accent, "It was not me!" She seemed to really enjoy it! She also got to play a window, which I think she enjoyed the most (which is funny, but she had a little girl standing up there with her and they were kind of giggly as Mr. Crane and Katrina Van Tassel spoke through her. All-in-all I feel that she really enjoyed herself (as did I)!

Now, for my last production of my "Musical/Play Week"; WHS (Wasatch High School)'s production of Les Misérables!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment